GRAPHIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Failure to send artwork in the proper form may be subjected to delay for processing.
I. File Preparation
1. ARTWORK FILES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO IMPAK AS FOLLOWS:
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai/.eps) or
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd)
Note: A PDF created in either program is NOT an acceptable format.
- Keep all files in layers
- Delete all layers in file that are not needed. This prevents accidental prints that could be missed on the proof
- Make sure all text is “outlined”
- In AI: Press ‘Selected type’ > Go to Type > Create Outlines
- In PS: Press ‘Type layer’ > Go to Layer > Rasterize > Type
3. CMYK vs. RGB
- All files must be submitted in CMYK format. Failure to do so will result in aspects of your design not printing correctly
4. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS/CALL-OUTS
- If your artwork has any “Spot Colors”, reference the Pantone PMS # when submitting the artwork
- If your artwork has any “Transparent” (window/vista) areas, designate it in the artwork as CUSTOM PANTONE: “WM GY 1PC” (C:2 M:3 Y:4 K:5)
- All “transparent” areas must be on a separate layer named “transparent”
- If your artwork has any “Knockout” (silver Mylar showing), designate it in with the color “C:10 M:9 Y:8 K:7”
- All “knockout” areas must be on a separate layer named “knockout”
- All “white undercoat” or “white flood coat” areas must be on a separate layer named “white underocoat”/ “white flood coat”
- If your artwork is for a “Kraft” bag, designate it with Pantone color 466C
-All “Kraft” areas must be on a separate layer named “kraft”.
- Any photographic image file must be 300dpi for print
- In Adobe Illustrator, make sure all image files are linked to the document as attachments when in “Save As” menu.
II. Submitting artwork for informal review vs. Production-ready artwork
1. INFORMAL ARTWORK REVIEW
- Used to become familiar with the proposede job & to aid in quoting process
- Needs to be submitted in either .ai/.eps or .psd format
(does not need to be final artwork, but quote may change if it is not final)
- Artwork that is ready for production is not reviewed during informal review
2. PRODUCTION-READY ARTWORK (FORMAL ARTWORK SUBMISSION)
- Artwork is formally reviewed to ensure it is ready to be sent straight to production
- It is the customer’s responsibility to review & proof artwork to make sure that there are no errors in graphic or grammar
- Production will not begin until final proof is signed with customer’s approval
- One artwork revision by customer is allowed. If there are further revisions, a charge of $25.00 per revision will be added to customer’s account
** In order to proceed efficiently, artwork needs to be in the above format to be considered a valid submission. If rejected, IMPAK will note what adjustments are needed to make artwork ready for production.
A second rejection of the artwork due to the customer’s graphic artist not submitting correct format may result in charge of a $25.00 Pre-Press Review fee.**
III. IMPAK’s in-house graphic artist
1. Our graphic artist is available at the rate of $65.00/hr for the following services:
- Artwork review to make production-ready
- Recommendation and/or adjustment to artwork
- Create new artwork for product & branding
- Outline text and/or divide artwork into necessary layers
- Place artwork into custom-packaging dielines
- Create new dielines
IV. Dieline Graphics
1. Requires a $75.00 deposit if the order has not already been placed
This amount will be credited toward the order once placed
1. All proofs are digital proofs provided via email
2. If requested, hard copy proofs can be provided at a fee of $150.00 (plus postage) & will be received within 3-5 days
1. The lead time will be provided by your sales rep at time of quoting.
2. RUSH: We can have product(s) shipped within 4-5 weeks for an additional fee. Contact your sales representative for more information.
If you have artwork that you’d like to submit, please refer to our Artwork Submission Form. Artwork should only be submitted after speaking with a sales representative.
Contact us at (310) 715-6600 for more information.